New Age-Related Macular Degeneration Research Study
We do research to help people recognize the faces of their loved ones.
You may be eligible for inclusion in an NIH-sponsored study if you have Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD). We are located at the Sue Anschutz-Rodgers Eye Center at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado.
Project Title: University of Colorado Age-Related Macular Degeneration Registry
Purpose of the study: To gain insight into the causes of AMD and to study biomarkers in the blood that are linked with AMD
You might qualify if you:
- Are 55 years of age or older
- Have an early or intermediate form of AMD
- Have no other existing serious disease of the eye
- Do not have the advanced forms of AMD
- Do not receive injections for AMD
Participation will involve at no cost:
- An initial baseline visit
- An annual follow-up visit for approximately 4 years
- Compensation is provided.
The research visits will include:
- Collection of medical and ocular history
- A blood draw
- Dilated imaging of the eye
- Examination of visual acuity
COMIRB # 14-0740
PI: Naresh Mandava, MD
Please contact us at AMDregistry@cuanschutz.edu or (720) 848-2479 with any questions regarding our study.
If you are interested in participating, please complete the survey below.
It should take about five minutes to complete. One of the study coordinators on our research team will contact you in 1-3 business days.
If you prefer to speak with a study coordinator on the phone instead of filling out this survey, you may call us at (720) 848-2479 during our business hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm.
Thank you for your interest in the University of Colorado Age-Related Macular Degeneration Registry!